1. Empowerment of individuals and communities
2. Creative Arts as an avenue to increase self worth and identity
3. Improving parenting and child development
4. Violence interruption
5. Using sports to build community connections and mobilize for peace building initiatives
6. Improving recreational infrastructure in communities
Azeez notes that the society is at a breaking point as evidenced by the daily eruptions of violence, which only serve to further erode the very humanity of our people. Remedial strategies, he says, must aim to replace crime and violence with peace and prosperity by breaking down barriers and building bridges which re-engage our entire society. “It gives me great pleasure to unveil the CPP’s tagline: ‘One Love, One St. Lucia: Support Each Other, Love One Another, United As One.
“It is intended to serve as a rallying cry for all citizens to unite under a single banner irrespective of social class and religious and political ideologies. Crime does not discriminate and all hands must be on deck in order to overcome this scourge. We call on all citizens to embrace this movement,” Azeez stated.