VACANCY NOTICE – TOURISM OFFICER – CASTRIES FERRY TERMINAL
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority is seeking to recruit a TOURISM OFFICER with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who will be the first point of contact with customers and function as a liaison with stakeholders at the Castries Ferry Terminal. Under the direction of the Research and Planning Manager, the Officer is also responsible for ensuring the delivery of prompt, courteous and effective processing of all customers and the timely and effective performance of their functions The specific duties for this position are outlined below:
- Provide world-class customer service to all arrivals, stakeholders, and employees at all times.
- Be aware of and enforce facility rules, ensuring a favourable customer experience.
- Greet guests and direct them to desired locations throughout the facility, ensuring proper crowd flow.
- Verify credentials and scan documents, allowing only those valid for access to specific areas, providing wristbands/stamps for valid entry or redirecting guests as needed. Usher arrivals to appropriate locations and areas within the facility.
- Proactively assist with customer needs, concerns, and questions, providing excellent customer service by responding promptly and professionally.
- Provide an approachable local welcome to visitors and encourage visitors to explore St. Lucia.
- Maintain adequate supplies of available literature and other materials at the point of entry and/or the information desk.
- Conduct location inspections ahead of arrivals and report irregularities with the relevant SLASPA designate for immediate rectification.
- Communicate reliable local information to visitors, including serve as a liaison between visitors, transportation personnel, ground transportation, local tour operators and other industry partners when requested.
- Provide a meet and greet service for dignitaries and VIPs when requested.
- Provide data entry and collection services for tourism statistics with the submission of such information at the prescribed times. Also, assist with the execution of surveys and focus group discussions.
- Assess the Customer experience at the Ferry Terminal and provide input on improving the processes.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders, ensuring that issues are communicated to management.
- Undertake surveillance of the Ferry Terminal and immediate environs and make recommendations on interventions for improvement on security, crime, training, customer service and reception of visitors, to name a few.
- Assist with providing information services at other locations when needed.
- Must be aware of, and follow, the proper procedures for assisting persons with disabilities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with tenants, ferry operators, and partners such as the Immigration Department and Customs and Excise Department.
- To generally assist in the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties which may be required from time to time by the Research & Planning Manager or the CEO.
- An Associate Degree in Tourism or Business, or 5 CXC General passes including English, Maths, French, and Geography.
- At least 3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry in particular tour guiding and knowledge of tours, travel services, hotels, car rentals etc.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and relevant computer software.
- Fluent in French. Other languages are an asset.
- Understanding of visitor needs and the tourism industry – extensive knowledge of products and services in Saint Lucia.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness.
- Professional work ethic to project a strong brand image of the Authority and St. Lucia.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS WITH RECENT CURRICULUM VITAE/RESUME AND TWO REFERENCES
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
CHIEF CORPORATE OFFICER, SAINT LUCIA TOURISM AUTHORITY, P.O. BOX 221, CASTRIES, SAINT LUCIA
AND SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AT APPLICATIONS@STLUCIA.ORG by Friday 15th September 2023.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.