The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and results-oriented ACCOUNTS OFFICER to provide support to the Accounts Department. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Officer will maintain appropriate records of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority’s finances, through accurate and timely performance of the tasks outlined below.
- Verify that the approved procurement guidelines are adhered to for all purchases.
- Process approved purchase orders and ensure invoices are obtained and entered correctly.
- Review and enter all incoming invoices, ensuring that they are adequately authorized, coded, and agreed to budgets/contracts.
- Receive and process approved retirement of travel advances from officers.
- Prepare and process local and foreign supplier payments.
- Work with the Senior Accounts Officer to ensure that the accounts payable sub-ledger is accurate and that clearing accounts maintain a zero balance.
- Assist with the reconciliation of supplier accounts periodically.
- Assist with the reconciliation of corporate credit cards monthly, ensuring that all supporting documents are received.
- General maintenance, including the filing of the department’s documents and correspondence and appropriate labelling of files.
- Adherence to internal control policies and procedures of the Authority at all times including confidentiality.
- To generally assist in the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties which may be required from time to time by the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer or designate.
- An associate degree in accounting or business, or 5 CXC General passes including Mathematics, Accounting, and English plus completed Level 1 ACCA Accounting Certification.
- At least 3 years experience in an accounting environment, but not limited to Accounts Payable and General Ledger Management.
- Competent use of accounting software such as SAGE or QuickBooks
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and relevant computer software;
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS WITH RECENT CURRICULUM VITAE/RESUME AND TWO REFERENCES
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
CHIEF CORPORATE OFFICER, SAINT LUCIA TOURISM AUTHORITY, P.O. BOX 221, CASTRIES, SAINT LUCIA
AND SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AT APPLICATIONS@STLUCIA.ORG BY 31st August 2023.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.