The Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association Inc and Monroe College today celebrated another milestone during its fifth Graduation Ceremony of the ‘Chef’s Administrative Training’ programme offered by the college.
Some twenty-two (22) Chefs from ten different hotels participated in the six week training. The participants are as follows:
- Salvatore Victor Anse Chastanet Hotel
- Sherma Peter Anse Chastanet Hotel
- Amanda John Rendezvous
- Stephie French Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Howard Adrien Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Delroy Fred St. James Club Morgan Bay
- Dale Peter St. James Club Morgan Bay
- Scott Leonce Cap Maison
- Allan Jn Baptiste Cap Maison
- Simon William Royal by Rex Resorts
- Margaret Jules La Haut Resort
- Crea John Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Damiana Sonny Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Caron Jean Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Justina Avril Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Dru Serieux Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Vance Lionel Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Martha Hippolyte Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Curtty Francis Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Jonathan Jean Sandals Halcyon Beach
- Conacin Justin The Body Holiday, Le Sport
- Kathleen Donaii The Body Holiday, Le Sport
The training covered areas of critical importance in the Food & Beverage Department including Sanitation, Safety and hygiene, Food and Beverage Cost Controls, Kitchen Organization, Food and Beverage Service, Food and Beverage menu pricing and Managing Food Preparation among other relevant topics.
The contents of this module have been designed to assist candidates in acquiring the administrative skills needed to meet the basic and advance management/supervisory skills keeping with modern chef management standards. They represent approved methods and guidelines and are held as models to the candidates to producing exemplary management skills and standards.
The SLHTA congratulates the Chefs on the achievement and would like to encourage them to continue to pursue higher education.