The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority invites applicants for the position of Maritime Tourism Marketing Officer. Under the direction of the Head of Marketing, the Maritime Tourism Marketing Officer will provide support to the Marketing Department in the execution of marketing programs specifically targeted to the Maritime Sector and the facilitation and relationship management with key industry partners.
- Assist with the execution of the marketing plan for Maritime Tourism, working in consultation with the Maritime Tourism Committee & the Head of Marketing, partners, and stakeholders
- Execute and adopt relationship account representation with key Cruise Line Companies for the growth and development of Cruise Tourism.
- Collaborate with Cruise Line Companies’ marketing teams to learn more about Cruise passenger needs and interests to improve experiences and attractions in Saint Lucia.
- Identify and report on new marketing initiatives to stimulate the growth of Cruise Tourism that would lead Saint Lucia as a Marquis Cruise Destination. Assist with the execution of these initiatives.
- Assist management in exploring opportunities for a Cruise Conversion Program for the destination and assist with its implementation.
- Assist management with the development of a marketing plan for the yachting sector.
- Assist with and participate in marketing activities locally by coordinating a segment or portion of a promotion and by providing direct professional advice to potential visitors.
- Undertake the establishment and maintenance of databases for Tour Operators, Travel Agents, Airlines, media and other industry partners for this sector and assist with the development of collateral material, digital resources and other materials.
- Assist in the coordination of promotional presentations, seminars/webinars, and trade and consumer shows whether in Saint Lucia or overseas.
- Coordinates all on-island arrangements for consumers and visiting industry representatives including Tour Operators, Travel Agents, Cruise, Media and Airline officials and other dignitaries. Escorts and liaises with these industry partners for these arrangements.
- Researches and updates departmental tourism print and web-based material for use by the public.
- Undertakes and coordinates digital marketing duties.
- Review, report and advise on process flows to address yacht arrival processing working alongside the appropriate government agencies.
- Review, report and provide recommendations to improve the safety, security and growth of the yachting sector.
Ferry Services Sector
- Review and undertake marketing initiatives for inter-island ferry services.
- Execute and adopt relationship account representation with potential and existing ferry service providers and explore and execute marketing opportunities for the growth of this sector.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to increase usage and arrivals from ferry service providers.
- Represent the SLTA in critical activities, including joint tourism planning initiatives at the local, regional, and international levels including trade events, meetings, seminars, conventions, and workshops.
- Prepare and deliver presentations related to Saint Lucia’s tourism product and SLTA programming/projects.
- Undertake administrative duties for the marketing department including answering telephone enquiries, filing, management of promotional literature/items etc.
- To generally assist in the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties which may be required from time to time as assigned by your Head of Department or the CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Tourism Management or related field.
- 2-3 years experience in Marketing and Sales including the areas of digital and social media marketing.
- Marketing Communications and experience – working with creative agencies, advertising agencies and media representatives.
- Experience with design and photo-editing software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Good Human Relations and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written format.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to work on your own.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS WITH RECENT CURRICULUM VITAE/RESUME AND TWO REFERENCES
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, SAINT LUCIA TOURISM AUTHORITY, P.O. BOX 221, CASTRIES, SAINT LUCIA
AND SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AT APPLICATIONS@STLUCIA.ORG BY FRIDAY 15th March 2024.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.